Welcome to The Pass It On Center
The Pass It On Center continues to create national and state resources to foster the safe, effective and appropriate reuse of assistive technology (AT) so that people with disabilities can get the affordable AT they need in order to live, learn, work and play more independently in communities of their choice.
The Pass It On Center, as the National Assistive Technology Device Reutilization Coordination and Technical Assistance Center, fosters improvements in AT reuse practices and network among AT Reuse programs by:
- Creating a national network to help current and emerging reuse programs share information to improve their services.
- Providing technical assistance and support to current and emerging programs by conducting site visits, teleconferences and monthly webinars.
- Forging relationships and working with AT vendors and manufacturers to identify areas of mutual concern and collaboration by having a presence at national AT conferences.
- Identifying successful practices and quality indicators of AT reuse programs and promoting their use through an online Knowledge Base and program assessment tool, known as Indicators of Quality for AT Reuse (IQ-ATR).
- Exploring collaboration with public and private organizations that are interested in effectively reutilizing AT they purchase.
- Promoting public awareness of the economic and environmental benefits of AT reuse.